Friday, September 9, 2011

Day ~ 8 ~ Baby Spinach and Apple Salad with Sweet Red Wine Vinaigrette

Recipe found on page 77.

Dear BFF,

I love me a spinach salad! And this one tasted just like fall! I didn't have raisins and don't really like them anywho, so I subbed a dried berry mix that I had on hand (cherries, blueberries, cranberries, and plums). The berry mix along with a tart apple made this salad just perfect in my opinion! And hubs, who could care less about dressing, actually commented on how good this dressing was. I paired this with the potato leek soup from the other night, and it was the perfect rainy day meal!

Heads up, BFF!!! These next few recipes may be a bit out of order. I am strategically planning the desserts to take with me to the lake next weekend. Don't want to make them too far ahead & DEFINITELY don't want to eat them all myself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment